There are so many benefits to having stone countertops in your kitchen. They are easy to clean, show very little wear and tear, won’t stain, and are very attractive to look at.
You have so many options to consider when choosing your stone kitchen island. There are so many different styles and colors to choose from! Here are some trends to consider when designing and choosing your next stone kitchen island.
- Natural Granite Countertops: This isn’t necessarily a new trend, but granite is such a great material that is heat-resistant, requires low maintenance, and is absolutely beautiful. Granite countertops range in colors to easily match any color scheme in your home.
- Marble Countertops: Unmatched in beauty, marble does have some maintenance involved. It scratches and stains more easily that granite, but makes for a great cooking surface!
- Soapstone Countertops: Soapstone is making a huge comeback, and gets even more beautiful with age. Soapstone darkens over time, but doesn’t absorb stains or discolor. It is one of the only stones that doesn’t require sealant.
- Quartz: Quartz is one of the more popular alternatives to granite for it’s sturdiness and durability. Quartz also doesn’t require sealant and is heat tolerant.
- Lava Stone: This is a newer stone making its way into the kitchen island arena. It is smooth like glass, comes in a variety of colors, and is non-porous so it is resistant to stains, heat, and scratches.